Monday, September 5, 2011

"Surrender", and 3 photos by Trint Thomas

You bet something new for me!!!!! My son and I spent three days taking photos of the Lighthouse Park Area in August to submit to a group show at the West Vancouver Memorial  Library.  My piece "Surrender" was accepted.  It was a wonderful three days spent in the parks on the north shore of Vancouver and with my incredibly talented and creative son.  I found this white feather on the rock and all I could think of is that the animals in this world have to surrender to us because they have no way to fight back.  The call for exhibition asked for work that dealt with: the the fragility and diversity of the parks, hence my calling to "Surrender".

My son had three of his photos selected for exhibition.  I am so excited to be in an exhibition with him. 


"Surrender" 
12 x 18"

West Vancouver Memorial Library 
November 5 - January 8, 2012
Opening Event:  November 6, 2011


Here are the three photos that my son took that are in the exhibition as well.