Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Nest Prints

Tonight I am uploading most of my nest prints that I have created. Most of them are mulitmedia with thread, book pages, pencil crayon, bank statements, ribbon, paint and ink. The main print is a two or three colour linocut. There are lots and lots of them. I have 8 more that I am working on presently and then I will be done with the nest prints. The artwork ranges in size from 9" to 30". Tomorrow I will post the real nests that inspired the artwork. My students from my school helped by donating some nests to my artistic journey and my husband and I climbed some trees.  I am nearing the end of this body of work which is always hard. It is hard to give up a concept. However, I am enjoying the thoughts and sketching that goes with beginning and new concept.